Carbon Monoxide Alarm
Carbon monoxide past a certain level in your home can be extremely dangerous. Help protect yourself and your family by installing a Carrier carbon monoxide alarm in your home. The alarm uses unmatched sensor technology to detect and record the levels of CO in your air and displays it on an easy-to-read display. When levels get too high, a loud alarm will alert you automatically.
- CO is a colorless, odorless gas produced by incomplete combustion of fuels such as natural and LP gas, Kerosene, coal, wood, and charcoal. Any fuel-burning device in or around your home is capable of creating carbon monoxide.
- Signs of CO exposure can be fatigue, chest pains, impaired vision and coordination, headaches, dizziness, confusion, and nausea. CO exposure can be fatal.
- Each year, over 2,000 fatalities are from carbon monoxide exposure.
- Carrier recommends alarms be placed on each level of your home and in every bedroom.
- By recording CO levels, the alarm allows health care professionals to quickly access the level of exposure.
- Detection and warning will occur even during a power outage due to its rechargeable lithium battery.
- With a simple push of a button, you can test to see if your alarm system is functioning properly.